Experience a real, working 1920s farm!
Explore, relax, shop & eat, all in one place!
At Wessels Living History Farm you won’t look at things from behind glass windows or barriers. We are a real, working farm, set in the 20s, with chores to do every day. Would you like to help us in the garden? The tomato plants are overflowing, help yourselves! Might you be interested in a cornmeal cookie and a glass of lemonade? Come on in, we’ll tell you a story about David Wessels and his dream to preserve the simple life of a Nebraska farmer. While you’re here you could help us shell some corn, feed the animals and gather the eggs if you’d like!? Enjoy the space– play some horse shoes or croquet! Shop in the mercantile or examine the antique tractor collection– something for everyone! See you soon!
- Explore at your own pace with guides in each area to help!
- Available for booking April– Oct. & Dec., 7 days a week!
- We recommend two hours to explore but stay as long as you like!
- Hands-on activities to try & farm animals to visit! (mid April –October)
Convenience & Amenities
- 1 mile south of Interstate 80, exit 353 on Hwy 81
- Spacious parking for buses, RVs
- Several hotels & campgrounds 1-8 miles away
- York area attractions within a 10 minute drive
- Modern restrooms, wheelchair accessibility
- Plenty of room to stretch your legs, with indoor & outdoor spaces to sit and relax, too!
2009 Outstanding Tourist Attraction
2010 Nebraska’s Rising Star Attraction
Heritage Nebraska Destination Place 2012