|Academic Standards for
Listening is Not Hearing
Eighth Grade Standards
Nebraska Language Arts
8.4.1 By the end of the eighth grade, students will identify information gained and complete tasks
- Listen to take notes and process information.
- Follow multi-step oral directions.
- Use listening skills in practical settings.
- Adapt listening strategies for specific purposes.
8.2.5 By the end of the eighth grade, students will demonstrate the ability to use self-generated
questions, note taking, summarizing and outlining while learning.
- Generate questions, take notes, and summarize information gleaned from reference works and experts.
- Use and document references.
8.1.2 By the end of the eighth grade, students will identify, locate, and use multiple resources to
access information on an assigned or self-selected topic.
- Use general reference materials (dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia, atlas, telephone book, almanac).
- Use electronic resources (CD-ROM, software programs, online resources).
- Use library resources (card or electronic catalog, periodicals, and other informational text).
- Use multimedia resources (video/audio tapes).