|Academic Standards for
Debating the Depression
Twelfth Grade Standards
12.1.4 Students will analyze the impact of immigration on American life, identifying factors.
- Contributions of Native Americans, Hispanic Americans, African Americans, European Americans, Asian Americans, and immigrant groups and individuals.
- Ethnic conflict and discrimination.
- The United States domestic policies.
12.3.5 Students will analyze the fundamental concepts and challenges to democracy by using writing, discussion, and debate skills.
- Explain equality of all citizens under the law.
- Examine worth and dignity of the individual.
- Debate majority rule and minority rights.
- Identify individual freedoms.
- Explain the necessity of compromise.
- Analyze individual rights v. public interests.