|Academic Standards for
Contours, Curves & Lines
National Art Standards
Fourth Grade Content Standard #2: Using knowledge of structures and functions.
- Students know the differences among visual characteristics and purposes of art in order to convey ideas.
- Students describe how different expressive features and organizational principles cause different responses.
- Students use visual structures and functions of art to communicate ideas.
Content Standard #6: Making connections between visual arts and other disciplines.
- Students understand and use similarities and differences between characteristics of the visual arts and other arts disciplines.
- Students identify connections between the visual arts and other disciplines in the curriculum.