|Academic Standards for
Show Me the Money
National Art Standards
Fourth Grade Content Standard #1: Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes.
- Students know the differences between materials, techniques, and processes.
- Students describe how different materials, techniques, and processes cause different responses.
- Students use different media, techniques, and processes to communicate ideas, experiences, and stories.
- Students use art materials and tools in a safe and responsible manner.
Content Standard #3: Choosing and evaluating a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas.
- Students explore and understand prospective content for works of art.
- Students select and use subject matter, symbols, and ideas to communicate meaning.
Content Standard #4: Understanding the visual arts in relation to history and cultures.
- Students know that the visual arts have both a history and specific relationships to various cultures.
- Students identify specific works of art as belonging to particular cultures, times, and places.
- Students demonstrate how history, culture, and the visual arts can influence each other in making and studying works of art.
Content Standard #6: Making connections between visual arts and other disciplines.
- Students understand and use similarities and differences between characteristics of the visual arts and other arts disciplines.
- Students identify connections between the visual arts and other disciplines in the curriculum.